Statistics 471/701 home page
SPECIAL OFFICE HOURS: Friday May 8th 2:30
lab 462 JMHH: Basically M-F, 3-6, (but Wed it finishes at 4:30)
- Office hours: Monday at 3:00 (Huntsman 472). Or email me for an appointment.
- Homeworks (or more accurately, cases)
- Final project
- No final
- You can use either jmp ($60/3 years) or R (free) as our statistics
package. I'll be using R mostly in class.
Current Data sets
- Jan 20: Doglegs (continued)
- Jan 22: The residuals
- Feb 24: The statistics of global warming (guest lecture: Adi)
- Feb 26: The statistics of global warming (guest lecture: Adi)
- Mar 2: Introduction to high dimensional data
- Mar 4: Stepwise regression: the JMP interface
- Mar 31st: Loss functions
- Apr 2nd: Follow the leader and calibration assignment 4 due
- Apr 14: (continuing) Partial F-statistics
- Apr 16: Boston housing (via jmp and auction)
- Apr 21: Time series
- return HW 5.
- Homework 5 discussion: Calibration curve in JMP.
- Apr 23: Apr 21: Time series
- Pass out Chapter 6 of Dent (for homework 6)
- Apr 28: JMP and time series HW 6
due (Please check that you have a current version.)
Other Data sets of interest and some that will be used later
Last modified: Wed Aug 12 15:03:32 EDT 2009