NEW TIME: 3-4:30 (SHDH 105)
It is official. New room: SHDH 105.
Statistical analysis of Lingustic data
This is a special topics course on lingustic data. More and more data
these days have lingustic content--so this class will investigate what
it takes to drop such lingustic data into a statistical model.
The main readings will be:
I've posted the homework from pervious years (.pdf, .Rnw and for a quick .html
view). I'll update this file as the semester goes along. So
don't print it out! Just keep checking the web.
- Homework 1 is due Sept 24th.
- slides for today's lecture
- paper with
- CCA goes back to the 1930's, so there should be pleanty of
web material to look over. I won't put it up. But if you find
something nice, email it to me and I'll post it.
- Other disambiguation
- Read the rest of chapter 20
- Nov 1st, 2012: First language log blog post due (for those
doing that for their final project).
- XXX: Look at distributional vectors of words
- XXX: Proof of martingale for mFDR
- XXX: Double lecture
- First lecture: Translation (chapter 25)
- Second lecture: Extensions to streaming feature selection (3-4:30)
- JASA paper: VIF (Dongyu Lin)
- JMLR paper: auction
- XXX: in class presentations
Last modified: Mon Sep 10 08:15:27 EDT 2012